As the population grows, so do our demands on the planet. Managing this resource has never been so important.
Since it was founded in 1901, Harper has been designed to meet this challenge. Set on a 550 hectare farm, we are the leading specialist university tackling the future development of our planet’s food production, processing, animal sciences, engineering, land management and sustainable business.
With everything from molecular diagnostics laboratories to food processing facilities at your disposal, you’ll be well equipped to experiment.
There are 550 hectares of farm land to work with here, so testing your theory in the field is more than a possibility. It’s a reality.
Part Invention Hub
From crop-spraying drones to life-saving technology, we don’t just dream up new ideas and innovations here. We build them.
Part Think Tank
Our research brings together staff and students to tackle the biggest problems that our planet faces today.
With a placement as part of every course, and a £4M Innovation Centre built by Dairy Crest on campus, you won’t just learn about industry. You’ll be a part of it.
- 98% graduate employment, joint highest in England (HESA 2017)
- 800 students living on campus
- 2nd best in the UK for accommodation, clubs and societies and Students’ Union (Whatuni 2016)
- Top 10 student satisfaction
- Top 10 qualified teaching staff
- £413,000 awarded in student scholarships by the university’s Development Trust in 2016/17
- 2017 University of the Year (Whatuni 2017)
- 2017 Modern University of the Year (The Times Good University Guide)
- 2017 First for Student Experience Times Higher Education (THE) UK Student Experience Survey